Jumat, 29 Agustus 2014

To (have) Pet or Not to (have) Pet?

I think every dog owner agree that dog is a man best friend.  Or cat if that is your pet.

When we were young,  our house is full of pets that my dad used to keep.  Dogs,  birds,  turtles.  We grew up with Ello the dog that has been in our house since I have ever known.  He died of old age.

Then we have Hittle,  Ello successor. Then Nancy,  given by my English teacher.  And they all go away. Hittle died of old age.  Nancy died when we went for vacation.  Rumours has it that she died because one neighbor put her in a gutter where she can't escape. She has been buried when we return from holiday.

I was the one who's very devastated when Nancy died.  May be because she's the one who always chew my shoes.  (Actually I still want to use those shoes,  but my mom throw my shoes away with the speed of light).  May be because Nancy is a present for me from my English teacher.

Long before that,  my elder brother have small chicken,  but they all die too,  and my brother cry all the way.  He even insist on a funeral for his chicken.

After my dad passed away,  we never have pets anymore.  My mom resorts her hobby to grew orchids.

Somehow,  I identify pets with the sadness of separation.  May be that's the reason why I never want any pet anymore.

Few years back,  we have a stray cat that stayed in our front porch, and the kids insist on keeping her as a pet.  We called it Pus,  short of Puskesmas.  One day after knowingly mating season,  we found her dead under the tree,  and those feeling of loss,  once more.

I also identify the same sadness when a friend left.  During our primary,  secondary,  and high school,  most of us stay together for a long time.

However,  in university,  we are close to students from more senior years.  Thus everytime someone graduate,  I feel a pang of loss that I can't explain.

May be that's also why I never have a really really close friend.  I have plenty of friends,  but I am ready to lose each one.  May be they became close to other people,  or left to other companies or countries.  I keep them at arm length.

May be it's true that the most cheerful people,  are in fact hiding the most turmoil in his/her heart.

May be...

PS: Currently we have 2 hamster, Jonathan' pets.

2 komentar:

I Lung mengatakan...

Aww..so sad :( I understood the lost of pets. Maybe that's why I never have them after they all died when I was a kid. But I think you should not keep your friends too far. Losing them is hard. But I never regret the time I spend with them as friends.

Sienny Sentosa mengatakan...

I love my friends, I was just mentally prepare myself, just in case they left for one or other reasons.

May be when I grew older I will be able to cope with that, because next time, it will be MY turn to leave you all. HA!! :D